Friday, December 23, 2011

The state of the race so far

I only caught bits and pieces of the most recent GOP debate... all I really took away from it is that Rick Perry finally seems a little less awful at the whole debating thing, Jon Huntsman seems a little less douchey now than he did in the early debates, and Ron Paul is still batshit crazy at worst and incoherent at best.  It was nice seeing Michelle Bachmann go after Ron Paul, but unfortunately I think she's already destroyed herself with all the unfair attacks she's previously made on other candidates.

I don't know if there was a clear winner of this last debate, but from what I saw of it Rick Santorum had the best line of the night when he said something along the lines of: "We don't need a president we can believe in, we need a president who believes in us."

So where do I stand as of now?  I'm still not really sure yet who to support, but I think Ace makes a pretty persuasive case for Rick Perry.  Sadly, at the moment it still looks like a battle between Romney and Gingrich for frontrunner status... I'm really not too keen on either one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment